Meditaion

 Meditation:

This week we had a meditation practice let by Marcello Spinella. While before this there has been breathing and centering yourself in the yoga practices I have done, there has not been meditation. On my own I have meditated before and enjoy it very much. While centering oneself and breathing during yog is important and a great way to set the mood, I definitely feel meditation would add a whole new level to yoga if added in every day practice.


I think yoga has been absent from my yoga practice because since the videos I watch are just that, videos, there is a stigma that they need to be fast, and easy and not waste much time. That meditation would take too long. Even if I type in meditation on Youtube, some of the first videos are 5 minute mediation, 19 minute meditation, quick mediation. All quick ones to get done fast and keep going. Meditation is not about getting something done fast and keep going with life. Its about finding ones self, earning a bit about yourself, and feeling grounded in your own body. I believe at the end of each yoga practice there should be a meditation time to completely relax you and take in all you have done for the day.


Meditation is a great tool to use to help yourself be more mindful and be with yourself. Yoga is a great exorcise and helps your body. With the two together, both your mind and body with be centered and feeling amazing. At least at the end of yoga sessions it should be done. Not just a simple lying on the matts for 2 minutes but actual meditation. That would help a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga practice: Week 1

Diane Polli

Goat Yoga